Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Epoxy - quantity used in construction. 11 Dec 2013 01:27 #644

"completely build a Carbon Dragon out of composites"? No wood at all? Composite pod? My eppenage is built to the plans, all wood. I made my wing spars as well as the leading edges composite. I just ordered my 4th gallon of Aeropoxy, but I also have gone through 2 5 gallon pails that were mostly used making the molds for my leading edges.

From: Phil <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 12:59 PM
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Epoxy - quantity used in construction.

I'm currently sourcing suppliers of various materials for the project and am wondering just how much Epoxy I will need to order. I am currently looking at using Aeropoxy PR2032/PH3665 from www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cm/epoxy_aeropoxy.html, however given the very high shipping charge for this 'haz-mat' material ($200 s&h alone!) I would like to make sure that I don't have to place a second order down the line.

Would a 1 gallon kit of epoxy be enough to completely build a Carbon Dragon out of composites (allowing for wastage) or do you think a larger volume might be needed?

Phil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: