Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 21:40 #500

the wing bends up and the spar reacts those loads. However there is also twisting of the wing as well as drag load pulling aft on the wing and forward acting loads (during pull-up manoeuvres -- these are actually larger than the drag loads). These loads, torsion (wing twisting) and fore/aft loads also have to be reacted at the fuselage. Right now, the way you have your layout configured, you have good continuity for the vertical (lifting air loads) between the fuselage and the wing, but I don't see how the Mx moment (due to drag or forward loads due to pull-up condition) are reacted, nor does it look like there is some place other than the spar to react the wing twisting. Usually there is a fitting in the extreme nose, or in some cases at an aft spar, for reacting those moment as a couple (loads that together make a moment).

--- On Wed, 2/15/12, george_rf1 <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

From: george_rf1 <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10:59 PM

No I don't

=========================================================

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> right, I got that some time ago; but, you'll need to be careful that you maintain torsional continuity. That moment (My) appears to me not fully accounted for. The ribs will have to be heavily reinforced as it looks to be the only load path that does that... Do you see what I mean?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: