Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CD II 10 Dec 2013 21:22 #486

Hi Kenny,
I see two options.
Spread the attach points over a longer area or eliminate the attach points by using a 3 piece wing.

I have had some discussion with Dieter Reich the designer of the ULF-1. He agreed a 3 piece wing is a better solution which eliminates the heavy attach hardware.

Dieter is a brilliant man. He was chief engineer on a project that the Navy called his plane Tomcat I believe. At the time he had designed the faster aircraft on the planet and as a pet project the lightest foot launched sailplane ever. Talk about both ends of the spectrum..

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> I dropped a line over at plan builder to confirm the weight and ask him whether he plans on making a kit or plans available.  I think what he's done is to go spar-less and put the weight in the skins -- that might not be such a bad idea.  Two plies outside, and one on the inside with some kind of a sandwich structure might carry most of the loads -- you'd have to figure out how to get the load from the attach points into the rest of the wing though... thinking
>
> --- On Tue, 2/21/12, KarlS <kschneider@...> wrote:
>
> From: KarlS <kschneider@...>
> Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CD II
> To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
> Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 9:13 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Kenny it appears it is 82kg with Motor and Prop!
>
>
>
> www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/soarin...omebuilt-glider.html
>
>
>
> --- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> >
>
> > there apear to be conflicting weight numbers -- I saw 80 Kg somewhere -- I don't think you can do it for 55 KG -- If you can -- I'm in!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: