Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CD II 10 Dec 2013 21:00 #470

Hi Phil,

I'm impressed by the Axel 2. Not much details on the web about it. Still very much a prototype I guess. The weight appears to be 55kgs un-powered. The wing is a carbon-fibre/foam monocoque, and therefore dosen't have spars or ribs.
When you first mention it, I taught you were referring to the Apis, which is more of a sailplane than an ultralight.

The article by Garry is very interesting. The carbon-dragon's main performance is it's sink-rate and turning circle, allowing it to stay aloft in very light conditions, perfect for Ireland.

Ken.

Inactive hide details for "Philip Lardner" ---26/02/2012 00:29:11---Hi Ken,"Philip Lardner" ---26/02/2012 00:29:11---Hi Ken,

From: "Philip Lardner" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To: "Kenneth Hickey" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>, "Kenneth Hickey" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: 26/02/2012 00:29
Subject: FW: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CD II

Hi Ken,

Here are the links to the Axel2 ultra-light glider I was trying to remember the name of - the original prototype was unpowered but the latest version has a pop-up elecric pod - see the picassa pics. Pretty neat... and food for thought!

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of KarlS
Sent: 22 February 2012 03:14
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CD II

Kenny it appears it is 82kg with Motor and Prop!

www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/soarin...omebuilt-glider.html

picasaweb.google.com/108109095271638092325/Axel2

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> there apear to be conflicting weight numbers -- I saw 80 Kg somewhere -- I don't think you can do it for 55 KG -- If you can -- I'm in!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: