Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay 09 Dec 2013 01:52 #451

One of the draughtsmen in my brother's engineering company (they design and build industrial boilers) said he might be interested in redrawing the plans in AutoCAD in his spare time. At the time he was printing out the PDFs I said not to waste his time, but now I'm having second thoughts - a good set of DXF files could be plugged into a CNC router to cut out foam parts and MDF moulds a lot easier than doing it by hand... as I'm now doing! I'll enquire if the offer still stands and what 'inducements' might speed things along. Don't hold your breath, but I'll ask.

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Kenny Andersen
Sent: 04 March 2012 00:19
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Re: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay

There are some ways to do it. That would get them in a 2D format, which wouldn't be too bad, and could certainly be OK, especially for modeling some ribs, and I suppose even it could speed up the creation of the 3D plans. IMO, this would be a HUGE benefit. I'd be willing to donate $100 bucks toward the effort (trying to put the money where the mouth is!). Plus, as I said, I will try to help out with the FE modeling and I will evaluate any changes that I or anyone else comes up with.

--- On Sat, 3/3/12, KarlS <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

From: KarlS <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 11:17 AM

Kenny,
I scanned my prints to .tiff and .pdf. I know this does not help but they are very accurate scans but would need converted to cad by importing and tracing. Is that correct? I have a daughter that is in her 4th year of school to be an architect. Perhaps I could pay her to convert them. Is there another way to do it? I'm thinking now she should do it for free. She still has 2 semesters of tuition due.

Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: