Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

rib testing 09 Dec 2013 01:40 #442

Just to clarify...

The flange running around the outer perimeter of the rib, perpendicular to the cap strip, consists of only two layers of CF cloth on their own. The flange does not have a foam core - it is just an extension of the outer edge of the cap (if that makes sense!)

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Philip Lardner
Sent: 04 March 2012 23:31
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: RE: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] rib testing

<snip> More significant was the fact that the strap would have crushed the cap strip flange unless I supported it with a small strip of wood held lightly in place by two small clamps (just visable in the photos.) Although this strip of wood could be said to be adding extra strength to the cap strip, preventing it from buckling, the rib ultimately failed in twist (the upper and lower cap strips departed from the vertical plane) - the small clamps were only just tight enough to stop the strip of wood from falling out, so I don't think its effect was significant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: