Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CDII -fuselage 09 Dec 2013 00:10 #374

That K8 layout looks like pretty much what we are talking about including the forward-swept wing, no? Hmmm are there plans for that? Maybe we could marry a few thing together...

--- On Wed, 3/14/12, Edward Pickens <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

From: Edward Pickens <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: Re: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CDII -fuselage [2 Attachments]
To: "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 7:17 AM

Strength comparison between 4130 and CF sleeves

4130 Ultimate Tensile 90KSI, Yield 60KSI. Density .283 lbs/in^3, Specific Gravity 7.8
CF Sleeves I used 100KSI for safety. They claim 640KSI, www.acpsales.com/pds/Braided-Carbon-Sleeves.pdf, density of .065 lbs/in^3, specific gravity 1.8

I would use a tube with a large diameter to increase the moment of inertia while supported by internal foam disks. I found two pictures of the K 8 for design study. One is of it assembled minus the fabric. The other is a photo of the plans for the steel tube construction. I like the K-8 as a comparison because it is a high wing, steel tube aircraft that is comfortable to sit in and offers a good field of view. It is known to be rugged and was designed to be a home built. It may be a good place to start from. -Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: