Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Archaeopteryx website 08 Dec 2013 23:52 #361

I'm in. 100% committed.

About the mylar Kenny. Rick Mullins is friends with a guy I know and have spent a very small amount of time with whose name is Matt Kollman. Matt worked for Jim Marske for several years and is a designer himself. Matt designed a rigid wing call the Raptor.
Here's a video.

I visited Matt a while back. He found a mylar film that his ship was covered with. It can be done. I saw it with my own eyes.

Matt the last I heard was helping Jim Marske with the Pioneer III project. I haven't talked to him lately but maybe Rick has.

One last thing. I think we should all get together once a year to fly our machines.

I'm thinking Kitty Hawk has some nice sand dunes maybe for the first gathering.

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> I was looking at the
> Archaeopteryx again last night. I agree with some other posts that it's likely the forward sweeping of the CD wing is not enough to compensate for the CG. Looking at the
> Archaeopteryx , which as you said is pretty much functionally where we want to go, I think the pilot position shows there is no way [practically] that you could putt he pilot in the 'traditional' sailplane location -- especially if there is any weight-saving going on in the aft. Would anybody have any grief shooting for a home-brew of the
> Archaeopteryx? I think we all pretty much agree it cost more than any of us are willing to pay (not that it' not nice and all!), but it is pretty sweet. I think a composite CD wing and a light pod could make the 155 (70.3 Kg) and then the fairing could be left off or added as desired... thoughts?
>
> --- On Thu, 3/15/12, Bill Jackson <billj@...> wrote:
>
> From: Bill Jackson <billj@...>
> Subject: Re: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Archaeopteryx website
> To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
> Cc: "KarlS" <kschneider@...>
> Date: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 1:43 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>