Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CDII -fuselage 08 Dec 2013 23:46 #358

Hello Friends,

I have for You some nice photos of Axels (old & new). Owner is answering in polish to my czech language, so if You want know
something, I will get info for You. Am placing Axel XFoil plot
& airfoil coords to Files - Axel sailplane folder. Lower find
link to Picasa galleries with Axel and Axel 2 photos.

picasaweb.google.com/108109095271638092325

Regards,
Jeri

P.S. Russ, fwd swept wing is aerodynamically better and it shouldn´t be much more difficult to build it - proven by Marske Monarch and Pioneers.

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> yes Jeri -- the more information the better. Â As well it would be interesting to know whether there will be plans available, or some type of kit? 65 Kg is very impressive! Â PLEASE tell us more!
>
> --- On Mon, 3/12/12, Jirka <blue.kid@...> wrote:
>
> From: Jirka <blue.kid@...>
> Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CDII -fuselage
> To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
> Date: Monday, March 12, 2012, 3:58 PM
>
> Hello Friends,
>
>I´ve got new info about Axels, but before of it - weight is somewhere between 83 to 89kg - seems close to XXTherms 80kg.

Actually is developed / builded new Axel powered with 10kW electric, with flaps, empty weight of 65kg without engine, max 200kg, chord 75cm, sink ,55m/s , 50 - 180km/h. I have pic of old/new airfoil, xfoil plot, some photos of building etc. - could place later if interests.

Regards,
Jeri

> --- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., russell wilson wrote:
> >
> > hi i too thaught the axel looked out of proportion for a 55kg
> > aircraft......id like to see the confusion stay;)
> >
> > i think the swept wing is a step in the wrong direction....complexity and exra build time will will keep it a dream...if you want a sucses full aircraft it needs to be safe,easy and quick to build.....constant cord wing....1 rib...they dont want to stall a tip...no taper in the spar...you dont need twist...you dont have to change airfoil at any point in the wing.
> >
> a plank type aircraft with a reflex airfoil,very short tail boom and
> > fin...will give you what you want for under 70 kg.
> >
> > a cliped wing carbon dragon is an extremely good solution.for a heavier pilot.
> >
> > take the time to foot launch a hanglider..30 to 45 kg then your view on foot launching the dragon will be ..not practical..(it can be done and it can be landed on foot).the aircraft you guys are conseeving is already over 70 kg...if you think you can save weight by leaving the doors off then do so.
> >
> > hey if it comes out too heavy...stamp it with a 55kg sticker;)
> > russ.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: