Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CDII -fuselage 07 Dec 2013 01:34 #291

For the CDII airfoils - keep it simple - i it ain't broke, don't fix it. The existing airfoil seems to work very well for this micro-lift glider. If we start changing the fundamental wing shape too much it ceases to be a CD and becomes a completely new design.

I'm afraid I know nothing about airfoil design so I won't be much help... but I *am* interested in developing the three-section wing idea further!

I'm just about ready to infuse my first batch of production ribs this weekend... fingers crossed!

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Daniel
Sent: 23 March 2012 15:04
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CDII -fuselage

Kenny,

I am pretty happy with the Carbon Dragon airfoils for the mission. For the CDII, I believe they are excellent choices.

For a Class O-4/FAR Part 103 design I am calling the WinDancer, I will be using own developed airfoils with similar pressure distributions to current racing class sailplane airfoils. Compared to the Carbon Dragon airfoils, they will be thinner (14%), have much lower drag at low lift coefficients and have lower maximum CL. The mission is somewhat different, however.

I don't have a suggestion for improved CD type airfoils.

Dan

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> the big questions are 1) do you have the expertise to redo the air-foil 2) does it really need it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: