Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CDII -fuselage 07 Dec 2013 01:33 #290

hi.....the sugestion why not emit the flaps.

lighter....there are controls/push rods /pullies/hinges/cables to consider as well as the aft beam for the wing and ford beam for the flap.

less pilot work load when flown(1 vne).dont under estimate this.

simpler build.

they cant fail if they dont exist.flutter/jam/come off etc

also on the standard dragon the mixer push rods take up a lot of room..if you can omit this bolkyness then the back of the pod can reduce in size/weight.

i think it was garry osaba? i wrote to years ago asking him what he thaught about omiting the flaps function...he said..there very functional and the impression i got from him was leave them on.

russ.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Philip Lardner <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

For the CDII airfoils - keep it simple - i it ain't broke, don't fix it. The existing airfoil seems to work very well for this micro-lift glider. If we start changing the fundamental wing shape too much it ceases to be a CD and becomes a completely new design.

I'm afraid I know nothing about airfoil design so I won't be much help... but I *am* interested in developing the three-section wing idea further!

I'm just about ready to infuse my first batch of production ribs this weekend... fingers crossed!

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Daniel
Sent: 23 March 2012 15:04
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CDII -fuselage

Kenny,

I am pretty happy with the Carbon Dragon airfoils for the mission. For the CDII, I believe they are excellent choices.

For a Class O-4/FAR Part 103 design I am calling the WinDancer, I will be using own developed airfoils with similar pressure distributions to current racing class sailplane airfoils. Compared to the Carbon Dragon airfoils, they will be thinner (14%), have much lower drag at low lift coefficients and have lower maximum CL. The mission is somewhat different, however.

I don't have a suggestion for improved CD type airfoils.

Dan

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Kenny Andersen wrote:
>
> the big questions are 1) do you have the expertise to redo the air-foil 2) does it really need it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: