Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: CDII -fuselage 07 Dec 2013 01:30 #288

I just realized who Dan is -- he's Windancer Dan! I was following that one for a while! and it looked interesting! Nice to see you are back on it.
OK, so current CD air-foil it is! Center section straight with a constant section, (root cord perhaps a little smaller than current) slight dihedral at the joints with the tips located in the same place and maybe some smallish winglets. That should actually reduce the build time a bit, without sacrificing all of the weight from making the entire wing a constant section.

From: KarlS <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: CDII -fuselage
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 8:43 AM

Hi Dan,
How far along are you on your Windancer? That's interesting about the pressure distribution airfoils. Could I ask what the mission of that ship will be? Would love to see some teaser pictures if you could. Like you said it's just interesting.

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Daniel" wrote:
>
> Kenny,
>
> I am pretty happy with the Carbon Dragon airfoils for the mission. For the CDII, I believe they are excellent choices.
>
> For a Class O-4/FAR Part 103 design I am calling the WinDancer, I will be using own developed airfoils with similar pressure distributions to current racing class sailplane airfoils. Compared to the Carbon Dragon airfoils, they will be thinner (14%), have much lower drag at low lift coefficients and have lower maximum CL. The mission is somewhat different, however.
>
> I don't have a suggestion for improved CD type airfoils.
>
> Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: