Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: 3-piece wing 06 Dec 2013 18:40 #251

That sounds reasonable -- an aircraft is stable in pitch when the CG is forward of the lift surface -- I think that is pretty much the same deal going on. I will not though that I see, for whatever reason, some tails on many of the new high-performance hang-gliders

--- On Wed, 3/28/12, russell wilson <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

From: russell wilson <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: Re: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: 3-piece wing
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 7:36 PM

hi
just off subject for a second.
that idea of a plank flying wing using my carbon dragon wings......well i was thinking last night it may work with out a fin/rudder.
i remember being curious as to why a paraglider is stable in yaw with out a fin/rudder.so i went looking for the reason...what i came up with was that the centre of mass was ahead of the centre of drag....basically there seemed to be moor drag behind the pilot than in front of him so the aircraft tracks.

two questions.1 did i find the correct answer for why a paraglider is stable in yaw?
2 well i guess i need question 1 answered first.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: