Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Milestone 06 Dec 2013 18:39 #250

Congrats Rick,
Only 90% to go. LOL. It was I that talked about Matt's Raptor covering. Did you talk to Matt? Sounds like you did but I think Phil was researching the Mylar too. Yes it would be nice to do the mylar and show off the innards but I do remember Matt saying something about the UV and what to watch for. It looked great on the Raptor I do know that and what a great way to keep an eye on mechanics.

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Rick" wrote:
>
> I'm really enjoying the CDII discussions and hope to incorporate a bunch of ideas on my next one. :) I hope you guys keep it coming.
>
> I reached a nice milestone on my project last weekend. I finished the second flapperon, which was the last major component to fabricate. Now it's a matter of putting all the pieces together, and I got the boom glued up to the pod yesterday. Need to mount the wings, fin, stabilizers, etc, and have all the covering and painting to do. Someone had mentioned the clear Mylar covering that Matt Kollman had put on his Raptor. It does look very cool and it would show off all the internal structure, but Matt said if it got much UV it would need to be recovered in 4-5 years so I decided I'm not gong that route.
>
> 90% done, 90% left to go

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: