Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Milestone 06 Dec 2013 18:36 #248

well done rick...
russ.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Philip Lardner <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

Well done Rick - that's a serious achievement! The photos of your build have been inspirational and very useful in figuring out some to the complex details in the drawings - well done on figuring them out alone! I was completely flummoxed by the drawing of the end section of the tail boom until I saw your close-up photo, when it all snapped into perspective!

I'm still researching Mylar as a wing covering - a search for 'Mylar' on Homebuilt Airplanes.com turned up some very useful info:

www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/google...com%2Fforums%2Fforum

The 3M tape sounds like a winner... though it leaves no room for error when stretching the wing covering - get a wrinkle in it and the whole covering is destroyed (it's impossible to unstick 3M tape from whatever it touches!)

Hopefully not too much longer before your baby Dragon hatches out of its egg and stretches its wings for the first time!

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Rick
Sent: 29 March 2012 01:51
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Milestone

I'm really enjoying the CDII discussions and hope to incorporate a bunch of ideas on my next one. :) I hope you guys keep it coming.

I reached a nice milestone on my project last weekend. I finished the second flapperon, which was the last major component to fabricate. Now it's a matter of putting all the pieces together, and I got the boom glued up to the pod yesterday. Need to mount the wings, fin, stabilizers, etc, and have all the covering and painting to do. Someone had mentioned the clear Mylar covering that Matt Kollman had put on his Raptor. It does look very cool and it would show off all the internal structure, but Matt said if it got much UV it would need to be recovered in 4-5 years so I decided I'm not gong that route.

90% done, 90% left to go

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: