Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

step 2 30 Nov 2013 11:48 #224

I have a work in progress of the wing but have not worked on it for a while. My other project a Dragonfly/Corvair has been taking priority. I also just rented a new hanger and have to move the club Cessna 172 starting this weekend. I have a spar without the aluminum lugs. See the .pdf in the files.

Charlie

In a message dated 4/5/2012 5:41:44 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. writes:

most appreciated! That will save me a little time. I'll assume birch -- I don't think it matters much for the gussets anyway -- they are just a means of connecting the truss members.
Where that does make a difference is when you are looking at the D-Tube. I will just treat it as a laminate build up, only using wood plies rather than carbon tape. That should get pretty close to reality.

Also, after I get the rib done, didn't you also have a model of the wing? I'd like to load that up as well in order to do some weight trade studies

--- On Thu, 4/5/12, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: Re: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] step 2
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 6:20 PM

Kenny,

I do not have the construction manual just 1/4 pdf plans.

From Marske's book Sitka Spruce Tensile 9,400 psi ; Compression 5,000 psi ; Modulus 1.3 psi X10^6 ; Density 28 pcf.

Charlie___

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: