Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Atos VX 30 Nov 2013 11:27 #205

Hi Karl,

I was ground handling a friends Atos VQ at the weekend (I've never flown a rigid wing) and I was astounded at just how lifty it was! The slightest breeze over the wing caused it to lift off my shoulders and the slightest twitch on the spoilerons (roll control) felt like built-in power steering! Switchy cross-winds were automatically corrected by just holding the A-frame steady and letting the wings and spoilerons look after them selves. The static balance of the wing was beautiful. If I'd been clipped in I would have continued my walk into wind and just stepped off the hill!! Completely different feel to a flex-wing. It really got me wondering what the CD will be like to foot-launch in even a light wind. Can't wait!

Just setting up for infusing a second batch of ribs today. I've also just completed building a work table for my Dremmel-type trimming tool and converting it from battery ro mains power - photos soon.

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of KarlS
Sent: 17 April 2012 00:10
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Atos VX

I have the Atos VX in my garage now. 1100 miles to bring her home. Rick.. I passed through Cinci. and wanted to call you but we were pressed for time. I would still love to see your build.

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "KarlS" wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> I bought a used Atos VX. I mainly bought it for the technology. I am sure we could extract some good ideas from it. It is a 14 meter ship.
> Nearly 46 feet. Weighs 105 lbs. Just add a fuselage maybe I am thinking. May the fun begin.
>
> Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: