Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RE: Ul-Segelflug Kontaktformular 30 Nov 2013 00:56 #154

Hi Klaus,

Many thanks for the quick reply!

My new Carbon Dragon website is my attempt to create an permanent archive of all the material I can find about this glider, stored locally on the website rather than relying on links to multiple sources, which often become broken of lost when those websites cease to exist. Steve Adkins carbondragon.us technical website is a case in point - it has links to hundreds of sources and references... most of which no longer work. Steve has also stopped maintaining that site, but was very helpful to me in providing material for my new site. I have included an archived copy of his old website in the new one for reference. The new site is being hosted by my National Association (www.ihpa.ie) website, which I also maintain, so I am confident that it now has a permenant (and secure) home.

The material on the new site is the sum of my research into this glider over the past year or so, and includes photographs, videos and reports of other builders Carbon Dragon construction projects as well as my own ongoing efforts!

The Carbon Dragon is a self-build glider - there are no kits available. Full size plans are available from my new website as a free download, along with a detailed spreadsheet that allows you to calculate and analyse the loads and stresses along the wing.

I estimate that I will spend no more than €3000 building my all-carbon fibre Carbon Dragon (the original was built out of wood, reinforced with carbon in key places.) You can find a full list of materials and sources that I am using on the website (under CD Builders - Phil Lardner), though I am still adding to it occasionally as the project progresses.

I'm still at the early stage of my construction project, but I hope to have it complete within the next 12-18 months. I hope the new website will inspire others to take an interest in this excellent glider and maybe even build one!

Copyright of the material on my website remains with the original authors, though I can't imagine anyone would object to you using any photos, videos or articles in your lectures or articles. For my part, you are welcome to use any of my photos, videos or articles as you like... though a credit, where appropriate, would be appreciated!

Although my usual playground (for hang gliding) is around the Laragne area in the south of France, I hope to take my Carbon Dragon to UL-Gliding meets around Europe once I have it finished. I look forward to meeting you when I do!

Let's keep in touch,

Phil.

Original Message
From: Klaus Burkhard [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
Sent: 25 November 2012 08:56
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Re: Ul-Segelflug Kontaktformular

Hi Phil,

yes, sure I am. Thanks for adding ul-segelflug.de to the Carbon Dragon Website. Would be nice, if we could stay in contact, as it seems to be verry difficult, to get in contact with US-Ultralight-pilots or manufacturers.

In the past, I tryed several times, to get in contact with Winward-Performance to receive additional informations about the SparrowHawk. They just ignored all mails and never answered to any of them. I contacted Jim Payne to get some more infoes about his record-flights on the SparrowHawk, he only once replyed, but never answered to my request for some pictures of him and for further informations, to write an article in German Aviation-Magacines about the SparrowHawk and his record-flights.

Mike Sandlin also replyed to me once, the he vanished. Soaring-Cafe the same, they just ignored my mails.

Also I tryed to contact Carbon-Dragon webmaster, no answer at all. Looks to me, like you have set up a new website fpr Carbon-Dragon and so I am hopefull, that we can keep contacts.

Could you send me some links or any informations about the Carbon-Dragon kit, where to order the kit, kit-price a.s.o., as I would like to write an article about the Dragon for my website and also for Aviation-Magacine.

As I also give lectures about ultralight soaring at different places within Germany, I would like to add pics and infos about the Dragon into my 1 1/2 hour lasting lecture, would be a nice addition.

As you might have seen on my website, all articles (except one) are written in german language. My first try to translate und publish a interesting story parallel in english-language too, was the story with the Eagle-attacke in Australia.
According to Google Analytics, the english version has not been clicked that much as the german-version (87 versus 1092), but I still think, it shows at least some intrest of pilots, not speeking german. I think about publishing future blogs in english too, but as this takes a lot of time, I am not quite sure, if the time I have to spend for that is wasted time or not.

Hope, you will reply to me,

best regards from Germany

Klaus

www.ul-segelflug.de
Klaus Burkhard
Petrus-Waldus-Str. 14
64372 Ober-Ramstadt
Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)6154-60 88 304
Cell: +49 (0)1578-82 80 702

eMail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
URL: www.ul-segelflug.de

StNr. 007 808 61380 FA Darmstadt Am 22.11.12 16:36, schrieb UL-sgelflug.de:
> Daten mit folgender ID abgespeichert: 184
>
> Name: Philip Lardner
> Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
> Ihre Nachricht: Hello,
>
> You may be interested in a new website (and archive) dedicated to the Carbon Dragon UL Sailplane:
>
> www.ihpa.ie/carbon-dragon
>
> I have added a link to your www.ul-segelflug.de site in the weblinks
> section (under Other Microlift & UL gliders.)
>
> All the best,
>
> Phil.
>
> ====================
>
> Hallo,
>
> Vielleicht interessiert in einer neuen Website (und Archiv) widmet sich der Kohlenstoff Drachen UL Segelflugzeug:
>
> www.ihpa.ie/carbon-dragon
>
> Ich habe einen Link zu Ihrer www.ul-segelflug.de Standort in der
> weblinks Abschnitt hinzugefügt (unter Sonstige Microlift & UL
> Segelflugzeuge.)
>
> All the best,
>
> Phil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: